The first step in becoming a mentor is to complete a mentor application.
The second step is to attend our training. To register CLICK HERE.
The last step is to complete the background check information form.
Once we have received all of your forms, you will be contacted by our program manager.
National research shows that mentoring relationships thrive when adult mentors receive adequate support from program staff. As a mentor, you will always have someone you can turn to when you have a question or concern—or when you just want a listening ear. You will be invited to monthly mentor circles where you can give and receive support from other mentors. Mini-trainings will also be offered throughout the year to increase your knowledge base on topics relevant to youth mentoring.
- Support a young person(s) through an ongoing one-to-one relationship or by co-facilitating a mentoring circle
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Communicate and plan activities
- Attend Rogue Valley Mentor Essentials training
- One year commitment for one-to-one’s or an academic year for mentoring circles
- A minimum of four hours per month
- Attend monthly mentor support group meetings
- Complete application and screening process
- Experience and interest in working with young people
- Adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments
- Have a clean criminal history